Safety of Employees’ Personal Data
There is no bigger risk to a company today than data security. Data security, privacy and compliance have been and continue to be a critical aspect of the HR team to look into but with the fast-changing pace of business, it gets hard to get it right. There are so many factors involved when it comes to data security, and it is important to have an idea about it all. To ensure your employees’ data remains safe and invest in an HRIS Software is an important responsibility.
But the question boils down “how can we ensure that our data is safe?” Read along to know how to ensure the safety of employees’ personal data in your organization:
- Perform a Risk Assessment for Data: As a company- big or small, you should run a risk assessment. Knowing and understanding your weaknesses, where you lack and realising what assets are most important to you, is an essential step towards enhancing cybersecurity.
- Provide Data Security Training for HR team and workforce: Providing training to educate employees about keeping data safe can benefit your company as they will be aware of what the security protocols are and what exactly to do if they suspect some kind of trouble or have misplaced information. For this, you need to incorporate data security training for every onboarding employee and keep them informed about the changes in technology and the latest cyber scams that they should look out for. This will help your workforce be on top of the data security and fix any damage instantly.
- Enforce Policy: During the on-boarding process of the employees, the HR team should clarify the disciplinary actions that the employees will have to face if they do not comply with the company’s policy regarding cybersecurity.
- Encourage Accountability: It is one thing to provide your workforce with training on cybersecurity, but it is another thing when they have to put it into practice. They should be accountable for malpractices or reckless behaviour if noticed. Develop a system in the organizations where there is an internal communication stream built so that employees can share information with each other and to the heads about their concerns or any suspicious behaviour in the company.
- Off-boarding Employees: Just as onboarding training on cyber-security is important, employers also need to develop policies and regulations for off-boarding that aim to minimize the risk of any data leakage. The HR departments share employee’s information with external agencies such as banks, government and medical institutions and managing the information of so many employees can be tedious. Therefore, the HR department should work with the IT, Marketing and other branches to identify the loopholes and setup system that minimizes risk.
Get in touch with our team to know more about the best HRIS Software in the market and how it can be beneficial for you.