- On September 11, 2017
- By Beehive HRMS
Why are Employee Self Service Portals important for your company?
Common features of Employee Self Service Solutions
- Employees can use the ESS portal to quickly change things like their contact number, address and other similar information.
- Although approval may be needed, it is very convenient for employees to access the portal and make the necessary changes.
- It allows employees to view the scheduling and payroll information.
- It allows employees to submit their time off requests and allows managers to check and approve them instantly.
Benefits of Employee Self Service Solutions
- When ESS is successfully implemented, a company may see immediate changes in the productivity and efficiency of an organization.
- A number of labor hours are saved and the frustration of manually handling little – little business things is eliminated.
- Employees can access this portal from anywhere and at anytime, thus giving them the convenience of having important information available and boosts the feelings of empowerment.
- Entry errors can be avoided by allowing employees to enter their own information.
- When recruitment and on boarding is handled through an HRMS software, and is directly integrated with a self service portal, will improve the efficiency and accuracy of those processes too.
Drawbacks of Employee Self Service Portals
One of the greatest drawbacks of employee self service portals is the required amount of time to ensure that every employee understands how to use it. The roll out process could cost the company a lot of time and money. The ESS portal must be frequently used by the employees in order to derive the benefits for the organization. If employees do not understand completely how to use the software, communication gaps are created and hence it is important to bring everyone on the same page while implementing the software.
Before selecting software for this purpose, it is important to conduct a thorough research. Research what your employees want and what they expect to get in an automated form. Research the skills of the employees and analyze whether they will be able to learn the software and use it effectively. This will help you select the right Employee Self Service Portal for your organization.
Further, it is highly essential that you check out your budgeting constraints and understand which software is suitable for you.
If you are looking for an Employee Self Service portal for your organization, contact us today and we can discuss your requirements in detail.