Businesses around the globe, whether large or small are always jammed with ample of projects and tasks related to those projects. To manage those scattered assignments, managers should use a perfect tool to monitor and work on it at the same time. That tool will be none other than a Task Management. First, let us get to know this Task Management.
What is Task Management tool?
It’s single consolidated platform where every team member update their tasks. It is a complete process where admin gets to know the status of every single task running in the company with the life cycle and timeline of a task. This cloud based tool helps managers to get access of all the projects on their mobile phones. It’s perfect!
8 Ways you can be the leader everyone needs in the company through a perfect task management tool.
- Coz, “Time waits for no one”- Folklore has rightly said that Time named asset waits for no one. During this pandemic where everyone is scattered and you as a Manager are not able to keep an eye on everyone’s progress in tasks assigned then you are in need of a Task Manager. It works as a pocket assistant and saves time for not only you but for your entire team. You can save their time and set them free for the day at times.
- Set the right priorities: A Task Management has so many wonderful features but, setting the right priorities is something you must follow. Imagine if your senior gives you 10 different tasks with no priority levels, you might end up completing the task which is at 10th level in your management’s view.
- Project specifications: Every Project has a detailed specification attached to it. The entire process should be transparent that everyone associated to the task should be able to view the complete information. It should not be you who will speak every time a new person adds to your team; it should be the technology that will do it for you. To be a good leader you have to be process oriented, rather than, people oriented. This way you achieve more and assume less.
- Time Sheet Management: This one is beyond your expectations, if you are managing every task manually currently. The time sheet management helps you to keep an eye on every project and every task in terms of time invested by every employee. Now you can do complete justice to your reports if someone says that he was busy the whole day in single task. Being the captain of the ship
- Allocation of resources: It happens a lot to a busy manager that he ends up allocating resources randomly. By using a Task Manager, you can be rest assured that your people are working on right things at right the time.
- Communication and Coordination: When so many people are involved in one task, it’s important to keep every update transparent. The notification centre of task management keeps everyone updated on single hub. You are no more responsible for everyone’s update. Task management tool will make everyone self-efficient.
- Making processes more meaningful- Most of the time updating and keeping track becomes boring as no one has clarity on objectives. Task management tool avoids verbal communications and promotes documented conversations
- Budgeting- When the task owners and managers have to keep control of projects , they have to manage employee expenses, per project expected budget, work done, pending tasks on the basis of budgeting and many more. With project and task management, budgeting and maintaining expenses becomes easy. As admin you can compare the estimated and allocated budget with actual spent budget this will help you to manage next project more efficiently.
It is not only the team but you will get benefitted by using a good Task Management tool. The purpose of such solutions is same, what will make that best for you is your wise decision. You should choose the people behind technology. Implementation matters more than just starting a SAAS based module. You will only get better results if your team will know how to use the new technology. Even if you have tech-heroes with you, they might pick out some excuse to not update. We have to keep this in mind that no one wants to be tracked. But, as a decision maker, you cannot take manipulation as a result of any efforts. It’s time to change the ways we have been working.